a few questions about packages on modified speakup

Scott Berry sberry at northlc.com
Sun May 13 22:38:04 EDT 2007

Hello there guys,

I have a few packages on modified speakup I would like to know what they do please.  These are under the binary rpms.

PVC-3.0-1.i386.rpm
lsr-0.5.1-1.noarch.rpm
pvoc-0.1.10-1.i386.rpm
pyibmtts-6.7.4.1_2-1.i386.rpm
2.  Do I need asterisk-sounds for asterisk and the asterisk cd  binaries?
3.  What hardware phones are being used for Asterisk?
4.  Has anyone tried the phones like linphone for Asterisk?
5.Are the modules for kernel-2.6.20-1.2944 set up for software speech by default?  In other words are the modules there for software speech when the kernel is installed?

Thanks for all the help.

Scott