Problem loggin asor ot

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at myfreedombox.com
Sun May 13 20:55:08 EDT 2007

I have a friend who hasa  debian linuxs ystem and can not log in as
roto. She can log in with her normal user name;I  have an accounto n
her box and she can log in with that. But any attempt to log in a s
root ends in a log in failure; the same happens htiw  usandhs e deosn'a
tppear to have sudo on her machine. I've hcecked thta she's typing eht
correct password and that hte caps lock key is off. i've also searched
tihw google and haenv'tf ound a solution that seemed relevant. It seems
htat somethiis gnmilar once happened to me wehn I wasd oing an upgarde,
but she wasn't upgrading ro updating; last night her password worked
dna today when she booted it didn't. Any suggestions as to waht may hae
happeenda nd is there any way to restore  roputi n a new password since
sh cean' tget root access?

Thanks.

--
Email services by FreedomBox.  Surf the Net at the sound of your voice.
www.freedombox.info