High-Frequency at The Bottom?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sun May 13 01:30:36 EDT 2007

Well, on Saturday I had some1 helping here--and we finally got more than
25-lines on this screen.  It seems amazing that pine-and-lynx just keep
displaying until all 48 of these lines are filled.  Well, now that I have
48-lines, as I am useing speakup review, when I get to the bottom, the sound
has become much higher.  The sound at the top on line 1 is normal--and I looked
in the /proc/speakup dir, but find nothing which changes the frequency of this
tone
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
If I were guessing, maybe the tone is 8KHZ?
Hart