yum problems

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri May 11 14:21:13 EDT 2007

I have been away for some days, so I've lost the context on this
exchange. However, I picked up on the phrase "latest Python." So, the
bottom line -- Don't do it.

The latest Python on Fedora, as in the Fedora development repositories
and that which is coming to us via Fedora 7 later this month is Python
2.5. You ask for massive headaches trying to convert Fedora 6 (or
earlier) to Python 2.5. As I said, don't do it. Instead, install F-7
when released. It's pretty cool--with Gnome-2.18, etc., etc.

Janina