a pdftotext question?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Thu May 10 21:22:25 EDT 2007

Hi all,
I did check the help file for this, yet I must be missing something.
I have a password protected pdf file to open.
I also have the password I should be able to use.
There are two password related options in pdftotext,
-upw for user password,
and -opw for owner password.
I suspect it is the latter that I need, but I am getting the same error
when I try either.
there are several errors actually including that the name token is too
long.
This leads me to think that the password should be enclose in something so
the program does not think it is part of the file name.
Still the syntax looks like something that is normally removed.
Ideas at all?

Thanks,
Karen