Compiling kernel module for dectalk pc for Centos

Radical NetSurfer radsurfer at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 00:03:56 EDT 2007

The IRC channels for red-hat strongly discourage using
the purely generic linux-<kernel>.src.rpm packages,
because Redhat/Centos modifies those files for their
own internal features.

I have 2 DecTalk PC cards, and know where I can get
more.  I have every expectation to get this working.

what about contacting
 * Maintained by:
 *	Nicolas Pitre <nico at cam.org>

what became of him?  Surely someone out there could do
a modern adaptation... this is not major brain
surgery, it just isn't... but does require someone
with experience.