speakup crashing problem

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Sat Mar 31 21:36:06 EDT 2007

Hi, You need to upgrade your kernel from people.debian.org/~shane the
latest version is 2.6.18 and it does not have this problem.  I had this
same problem and fixed it by upgrading kernels.  I would uninstall the
old kernel before installing the new one as that old one is very buggy
compaired to today's kernels.  2.6.18 also supports lots more hardware
or at least has better support then 2.6.8 You can add this lines to your
/etc/apt/sources.list file so you can use apt-get to download and
install the kernel
I am using the cut and paste commands to send you these lines, remember
after adding them run apt-get update to allow apt-get to download the list
of packages.
deb http://people.debian.org/~shane/speakup/kernel/ ./
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~shane/speakup/kernel/ ./