Elinks and Speakup support

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Tue Mar 27 19:57:46 EDT 2007

Building elinks from source isn't too much of a problem, as I remember the
instructions at the elinks homepage is fairly complete. The main thing for
javascript is to make sure you have spidermonkey installed (that includes
the dev package of spidermonkey) and the configure script should detect it
and enable javascript. If that fails, there probably is a way to tell it
where to find spidermonkey.

The ability to choose the build options for packages in gentoo is one thing
going for its package management system, whereas apt in debian requires
multiple packages for the different build configurations.

Javascript support is reasonable. It can't manage all javascript, but will
get you by for the most common stuff.

From
Michael Whapples