newby mail problems

lists at barrettpianos.co.uk lists at barrettpianos.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 19:56:24 EDT 2007

Hi

I have downloaded and installed the iso from Shane.  This
is the speakup enabled version so not sure how up to date I am?

I am in the process of trying to get mail working.

I have a couple of questions.

I would like to use nano as the default editor.  I found some archive on the
list about this but following the instructions did not seem to make things
happen.

Just wondering which file I should be putting the default editor in as I have
found both .bashrc and .bash_profile mentioned.

Also, should there be a colon at the beginning of the lines?

Also, I am trying to use exim4 to send mail.  The messages appear to be
sent but are not delivered.

Perhaps someone could point me to a debian for dummies or something
similar?

Many thanks
Keith Barrett
gw4nby