Problem with accented characters

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sat Mar 17 22:42:55 EDT 2007

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 11:13:54PM -0300, Cleverson wrote:
> I was wondering if chartab may have something to do with this
problem.

Yes, it does.

> What
> do mean these codes in chartab, such as "

These are educated guesses, so I do stand to be corrected. I just
figured them out by having a look at the default chartab, since they
do seem to be self-explanatory for the most part. I've placed the
descriptions below the codes.

> B_CTL,

Binary control. These would be characters like ASCII 1-26.

> WDLM,

White-space delimiter. I think the only one that exists is ASCII 32.

> A_PUNC,

Alphabetic punctuation. These would be things like period, exclamation
point, question mark, ETC.

> A_CAP,

Alphabetic capital. In U.S. ASCII these would be 65-90.

> ALPHA,

Probably alphabetic. The opposite of A_CAP. In U.S. ASCII, these would be 97-122.

> B_SYM", etc etc?

Binary symbol. These would be 130-255 in U.S ASCII. They're the
opposite of B_CAP_SYM (probably binary capital symbol), but don't ask
me what the difference between these 2 is. As far as I know, a binary
symbol is just a binary symbol.

Again, these are just educated guesses, so I do stand to be corrected,
but hth somewhat.

Greg

- --
web site: http://www.romuald.net.eu.org