DecTalk Issues

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Tue Mar 13 23:38:57 EDT 2007

Thank you Adam-and-Nick for sharing your experiences while useing DecTalk U S
B.  While I am running FC6, I get to "enjoy" many of these anoyances--and more.
Ok, here we go.
When the machine boots up, even though my rate is supposed to be set on 7  and
a pitch of 141, the unit comes up with a rate of 4  and an 81 pitch.  Once I
change a value, it will suddenly remember my prefferences.  Like Adam says,
there are many cases where pitch-and-rate get knocked down, I think especially
when capitol letters are involved.  Same thing, move both values--and then its
fine for maybe a couple of minutes.
After first booting-and before the first accidental pitch change, the unit has
more anoying abbreviations, such as a capitol e in e-mail wil say East mail.
At first the unit will not read periods or dashes, but once one of these sudden
changes happens, then I will hear some more punctuation.  I have alot of
entries in my characters file.
And yes, still lately, even with new colonels, if I interrupt scrolling, near
the bottom of the screen, I hear, "rtc lost some interrupts 1024HZ.
Also, something maybe with its buffer, because if you arrow quickly, you more
than likely will hear the previous line a second time, instead of the current
line.  This can be quite missleading if you are examining a list or in an
editor.
Thanks for listening
Hart