Fedora 6 and Speakup on New Thinkpad

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Mar 12 18:25:02 EDT 2007

You're keeping a Win installation that came on your Thinkpad? That can
be done, certainly, but your first task may be to determine what hard
drive space you have available for Linux. If you're going to do a native
installation as opposed to only a vmware under Win, you may well need to
free some space for Linux. For instance, you may well need to shrink
some existing partition to create sufficient space for Linux.

PS: I would also strongly suggest you create at least three partitions
when you get to that point in the installation:

1.)	A / partition of at least10-12 Gb, and preferably more like
16Gb.
2.)	A swap partition of twice your RAM.
3.)	Give the rest of the space you free for Linux to your /home.

Guidance on doing a talking install over telnet is available at:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/blinux-list/2005-August/msg00038.html

Note that there is an error in this post. The correct way to specify the
particular ethernet device is something like ksdevice=eth0 or better
with your actual mac address like ksdevice=aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

Good luck!

Janina