ALSA dmix Questions

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Mon Mar 12 14:24:46 EDT 2007

Have you looked at that link I sent regarding this, I know sometimes it
is best to look at examples. Also make sure that when things are unable
to play simultaneiously that neither are OSS sounds, if one is then that
will block the card, but you can correct this by using the aoss command
when starting whatever uses OSS.

If you are still having problems, then may be you need to do something a
bit more. I have found more information at
http://alsa.opensrc.org/home/w/org/opensrc/alsa/./index.php?title=DmixPlugin
which seems to suggest sound cards without hardware mixing should
automatically use dmix in some of the later versions of alsa.

From
Michael Whapples