An official slightly off topic anouncement

Erik Heil eheil at sdf.lonestar.org
Fri Mar 9 15:01:49 EST 2007

Hello
A few months of uptime is nothing in the Linux world.  I've seen boxes that
I personally have here been up for over 380 days of uptime.  In fact, the
only reason why it was rebooted was do to massive power failures which is
obviously beyond my control.  Given the upgrade of kernels, you obviously
can't count that against uptime.  Honestly, I can't recommend Windows for
any sort of environment.  Security concerns are way to numerous.  Every
week, you hear about potential problems that may allow people to take
control of you're computer.  Any real operating system would not have been
released with such glaring bugs.  Just demonstrates that Microsoft is not
able to write stable software, and is more concerned with market share
than with quality of the end product.