Games and Amusements

Laura Eaves leaves1 at carolina.rr.com
Fri Mar 9 02:46:38 EST 2007

When I was on unix I used to play boggle and mastermind in addition to
rogue.  There were others in the games directory, including the ancient
adventure game, but that was back in school and after hours where I worked
which was a long time ago.
Just look in /usr/games or wherever that stuff is kept.
Have fun, and beware of blowing away a lot of time -- once years ago I
actually won at rogue, and after seeing all those grave stones with my name
on it from past lost games, I hoped for something exciting to happen when I
ascended out of the dungeon -- but the way it was set up, you just wandered
around among a bunch of trees and pools and the same monsters were there
chasing you, and I was mightily disappointed...  In the end I regretted all
the time wasted.  But hey, sometimes it is a way to unwind.
Happy hacking.
--le