OT: saytime program

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Mar 8 10:24:35 EST 2007

I can provide some sound files.  The voice is not the greatest.  Plus, there
is no "eleven" or "twelve" file, which  would be a problem for a saytime
program. I got these files off a CD of public domain images and sound files.
So if you want them, see
http://personalpages.tds.net/~johnheim/sounds/clock/

I don't actually have a saytime program but what I do with these files is
set up cron jobs to remind me of things. For instance, I have to leave by
5:10 or I'll miss my bus. So I have a cron job for 5:08 PM that plays
05.wav, O.wav, and 08.wav.  So at 5:08 PM, my linux box says "five oh
eight".

Of course, it doesn't work if I'm not in my office. :-)