OT: saytime program

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Mon Mar 5 14:43:16 EST 2007

Cheryl,

I use a program which came once as part of the flite package, called
flite_time. It actually sounds pretty good in spite of its family of
origin. The voice is drawn from a library of fixed utterances for
better quality. Let me know if you would like a copy. I drive mine from
a crontab to tell me the time every 15 minutes.

Chuck

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 02:44:05PM -0500, Cheryl Homiak wrote:
> Gene sent me the program and it sounds good but isn't really the one i
> was looking for. The one i had used mp3 files and needed mpg123. By
> typing saytime-1.0.tar.gz in google I found an article on the cli that
> has people download that file--unfortunately the link now comes up dry.
> I suspect that it may have been removed due to the use of mpg123, just
> as I noticed in my reinstall of debian that mp3 encoding support now
> has to be done from source. anyway, I'm really mad at myself; with all
> the stuff I backed up, I don't know why that got left out. Just glad to
> at least have the program with .au files from Gene.
>
> --
> Email services by FreedomBox.  Surf the Net at the sound of your voice.
> www.freedombox.info

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)
 But you can get a few downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh