Text-To-Speech on Phones: Nuance Talks

Shawn Keen dkeen at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 4 22:36:09 EST 2007

Hi,

I've tried both talks and mobile speak,  Talks I use on my Nokia 6620 and I
tried mobile speak on a nokia 6682.  Using dectalk speech I found it very
sluggish,  with talks when you hit a key you hear the function of that key
and I didn't see the same type of responsiveness with MS. Mostly a lot of
hangs and stuttering speech and a few lockups.

I wasn't aware of the custom menus problem, maybe that was early in it's
development.

  I didn't try it with any other synths besides dectalk so maybe that was
the problem but after giving it a week of using it I was ready to wait till
I could afford to get talks on my 6682.

I like how code factory has a screen reader for the pDA's.  that is
something I was real interested in looking at. and from the demos I've herd
of it sounds real nice.  Hopefully it's a more stable program.