trplayer and debian 2.6.18

Doug Sutherland doug at proficio.ca
Sun Mar 4 21:32:45 EST 2007

I haven't figured out how to play shockwave swf files on
linux, but this weekend I discovered an online converter
for flash video flv files. I have been ripping a bunch of
great music from youtube into mp3 using this site:

http://vixy.net/

It seems that most flash files are FLV rather than SWF
these days anyways. I have adobe flash player playing
FLV in opera and firefox as streams, but that vixy site
is a quick way to capture just the audio as mp3 or the
video as MP4, MOV, or even 3GP for phones.

Linux multimedia has come a long way in recent years.

  -- Doug