Features after users guide publication

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Sun Mar 4 13:11:06 EST 2007

I don't think you will have any problems running a custom kernel under
gentoo, if you did the configuration of the kernel yourself, you
shouldn't have any trouble there (that would be where I would expect
most users having the trouble). You will need to read the docs for the
portage system to find out how to tell portage you are doing the kernel
yourself (although I suppose you can miss this out and just not compile
and install the kernel sources provided by portage, and just continue
with your own custom kernel (source from kernel.org and patched with
speakup)).

Also CVS isn't too much different to subversion (particularly if you are
only using it as a user, rather than developer).

From
Michael Whapples