spd neither crashes nor speak

Zachary Kline Z_kline at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 4 01:39:15 EST 2007

Well, package.use was my mistake, I suppose.  I could've sworn that when I
sent the message out I double checked it...But evidently not.  You're quite
right.
I'm glad you've succeeded at getting speech.  As an aside to that, if you
want control over punctuation modes with Espeak, you'll want to edit the
speechd-up boot script, in the start function is a line that calls
'start-stop-daemon'.  Just find the part of that after the call to
speechd-up itself, and add the -t option.  Lowercase t.  That'll give you
full punctuation support.
Other than that, I was wondering the same thing about your four cursoring
options.  Puzzled me a lot, it did.  Hope you get an answer soon.
Yours,
Zack.