news readers

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Mar 2 16:26:04 EST 2007

I like tin and one thing that makes tin even nicer is the .newsauth file
facility it offers.  If you read man 5 tin and search for .newsauth in the
man page you'll find out why.  If you do well with emacs and know gnus
though that would be a better way to go for news at least.  I'm trying to
remember if it was gnus that was the emacs mail reader that wouldn't point
at the correct mailbox location or if that was another emacs mail reader.
I remember I couldn't figure out what to set where to get it correctly
pointed either.