Running a personal domain

Zachary Kline Z_kline at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 30 18:57:47 EDT 2007

Hiya,
    Well, I'm mostly wondering about how Yum works, and a lot of that basic
kind of package management stuff.  The problem is that the server I have
access to is probably customized in some way, so I need to figure out how it
does things.  I'm afraid of breaking it and needing to call in the tech
support folks to fix it.
To quote them, they say that only advanced users need to access the machine
via SSH.
Thanks,
Zack.