Running a personal domain

Zachary Kline Z_kline at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 30 17:40:27 EDT 2007

Hiya,
    I recently bought the domain name blindlinux.com from a registrar and set it's DNS and such using the control panel they provide.  I'm also allowed a virtual private server for my site and such, which I can access via SSH.  I guess I have a desire to learn how all that works internally.  I'm not gonna run a massive site off it or anything, but maybe host some files and just a personal page.
I was wondering if anybody here is familiar with Cent OS.  I'm not, though have heard it's based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.  I'm not familiar with Red Hat in general.
Any tips from anybody?
Thanks muchly,
Zack.
PS: I wish I could host it myself, but I'd need to talk to my ISP about getting a static IP, and anyway it isn't my connection.