VMWare and bsd ssh access

Jeremy l84ad8r at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 19:16:56 EDT 2007

Hello list, I had a question, kind of linux related and hoped I could
get help here. Someone spoke of beeing able to do a FreeBsd install
through a serial console but I have not been able to get it working
do to it hanging at trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/md0. I was
wondering if I could instead edit a configuration file on the ISO
using an iso editor to manualy turn on ssh and configure the IP
Address? I have found a few things talking about placeing a config
file on a floppy but couldn't find that much about it. I want to run
a freebsd install from vmware and ssh into it with securecrt and was
wondering what the best way to go about it was. I have tried the
serial console from a vm and a real box I have here and got it
hanging at the same point on each one. Odd thing is, when I hooked a
crt up to the real box, and, on the display of the vm, if I just let
it go to it's normal install, it works fine.
Sorry if I am so new to this.
Thanks for any help I may can get.