Speakup with LFS?

Georgina Joyce gena-j at bulldoghome.com
Sat Jun 23 12:55:28 EDT 2007

Hi

Yes I used a link while I had one terminal that was chrooted into the newly built lfs partition:

Ln -s /mnt/lfs/usr/src/linux-2.6.21.5 /usr/src/linux

But you could also use the host system to build a new kernel and even boot the host with a new kernel to ensure that it is satisfactory.  When you have a working tree tar it up and move the tar ball across and extract it, run make and make modules_install and make the necessary amendments to the boot loader configuration file.  I can't remember what switches I used on the compression of the speakup patched tree but a quick look at the tar man page will give an idea.  Not sure if I used anything more than tar -czf linux-2.6.21.5 linux-2.6.21.5-with_CVS_speakup.tar.gz

I guess that there are even more ways you could undertake this task.

Good luck, lfs is a very rewarding process.

Actually, I'm being asked by Ken Moffat how they could make their blfs book more accessible to us speakup users, so if you have any ideas, let me know and I'll pass them on.

HTH

Gena

Amateur Call: M 0 E B P

VOIP / IM: gena1959uk