Jeez, what hassle.

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Sat Jun 23 02:28:41 EDT 2007

C.M. Brannon wrote:
> Several years ago, there were several versions of the Slackware
> installer.  One of them lacked all of the menus, and it played very
> nicely with speakup.

     Following the directions helps too.  In a few areas I used the
screen attributes function to read the screen colors.  Setting the
timezone wasn't easy, and I'm probably set to some timezone in Uganda.
<shrugs>  I'm surprized tzconfig isn't in Slackware, or if it is, it's
not in the path.  It worked in Debian. <whines>  I'm starting to sound
like a Windows user with a win-modem.  I'd better shut up.  Gods, it
feels good to be back at the prompt.

        Michael