ttsynth help: download problem

Mike Keithley mkeithley at pobox.com
Fri Jun 22 23:24:11 EDT 2007

Hello list,

I bought the US and UK English voices for Ttsynth.  Unfortunately I
don't think the download was complete.  I got the RPM package.

I'm using Slackware so used

rpm -i --nodeps <package>

The script asked me for my license key, name and the voice I wanted to
install.  I installed US English. There were no errors after that.

But when I looked at /opt/IBM/ibmtts, there were no files in the root like
COOPYING or readme files.  Also, the source code for ttsynth-say was
nowhere in the directory nor were there any files in the voicedata/ENG_US.
About all there is in the structure are library files in lib and inc files
in inc.

So did I get a partial download or do I misunderstand something.

The website says not to contact Capital Accessibility so I'm writing you

Thanks for any help.

Mike Keithley