Speakup with LFS?

Zachary Kline Z_kline at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 22 15:28:47 EDT 2007

Hiya,
    I was wondering if anybody on here had experience building an LFS system with Speakup in the new kernel.  I have a good idea of how to go about doing it, but don't want to end up with a system that won't talk from boot when I need to try it.  What I was thinking is that since a symbolic link can cross filesystems, I could temporarily change /usr/src/linux to point to the directory of my LFS kernel unpacking.
    I could then do a CVS checkout--using my existing Linux system, of course, since LFS doesn't come with CVS.  I'd then just change the symlink.
    Would this work?
Thanks muchly,
Zack.