Well, that stinkx.

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Thu Jun 21 23:00:19 EDT 2007

     Hello y'all,

     Just tried installing Slackware v11, and it was a darned good thing
I knew about /proc/speakup/rate! <rofl>  I tried booting the speakup.i
whatever, and it's not there; just the speakup.s file.  Rebooted Windows
just to make sure it was on the install DVD, and it's snot.  So, I tried
the speakup.s file just for the flock of it and it worked.  Only problem
is that according to the docs, it's the SCSI kernal, and I'm running
IDE.  I'm wondering if they packed the IDE modules into the .s kernal to
save space.  Anyone tried installing Slack-11 off DVD lately using
speakup.s on an IDE system?  TIA,

         Michael