SMP/Non SMP

Keith Hinton keithint38 at CommSpeed.net
Thu Jun 21 17:32:58 EDT 2007

Hi.
Problem I have is I do not wish to test CVS code, for now with Speech-Dispatcher and other applications.
I would rather just disable SMP in the kernel.
The question is would that reduce my performance severely with the dual core system as I could not use the second CPU?
Or, would I still get great performance, at least as a temporary workaround until all bugs are solved for sure and a new stable release of dispatcher is released to the public?
Let me know. Regards, --Keith
Skype: skypedude1234