TTSynth Is Available Again

Doug Sutherland doug at proficio.ca
Thu Jun 21 01:09:02 EDT 2007

IBM Alpha Works ...
Attracts you like a bug to lamp and then you get zapped.
A constant stream of cool stuff that you invest time in that
you can't do anything with because you can't distribute,
and then they pull the plug on it and work on some other
"alpha" works.

They probably did it that way to make it smaller.
The tts engine was small but the recognition engine was not.
If every program on your linux distro included the glibc
statically, would be a tad redundant. Look at how big
the animal actually is. I needed 800MB to build glibc
from source!