Speakup in userspace

Christopher Moore christopher.h.moore at verizon.net
Wed Jun 20 11:40:08 EDT 2007

This has been an interesting thread.  Regarding input devices, could a
user space speakup be controlled from a external numeric keypad plugged
into a usb port?  This would depend on whether we could identify the key
presses as coming from the external keypad.  brltty has a stable
approach for gethering console output.  So one of the missing pieces is
a way to control speech output.  If key presses on an external keypad
could be routed to speakup and not available to other applications, we
might have a relatively simple solution.

Chris
Chris