dectalk express with Linux-2.6.21.5

Garry Turkington garry.turkington at acm.org
Tue Jun 19 17:28:43 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've not used 2.6.21.5 but do have 2.6.21.4 working with a Dectalk
Express.  I found similar symptoms in that there was no speech during boot
even though the apposite modules are in the initrd.  After the system
started I did a rmmod amd modprobe of the speakup_dectlk module and 2nd
time around it found the Dec Express and all was happy.
So I'd say slightly quirky as opposed to being fu-bared.

Cheers,
Garry

--
Garry Turkington