Software speech opinions

Jan Buchal buchal at brailcom.org
Tue Jun 19 16:31:46 EDT 2007

    KH> Hi Kirk and all at the Speakup mailing list. I wanted to express
    KH> my opinions on Speakup's actual design itself and with software
    KH> speech. First, I hope that Speech-Dispatcher and SpeechD-up
    KH> (wich are free open source projects) continue to receive
    KH> bugfixes in CVS, as much as possible, and that at some point all
    KH> SMP related issues are solved. What if some users need
    KH> Speech-Dispatcher Hynek eaven after the TTS API provider has
    KH> been created and works? I suggest still keeping the project
    KH> around and improving it. Not with features, (Speech-Dispatcher
    KH> is already cool as it is) but that bugfixes and updates of that
    KH> type can still be maintained for those who still wish to use it.

Hello,

speech dispatcher in C implementation is still one of key Brailcom
project. tts-api-provider and a new implementation of speech dispatcher
will bring new possibilities but again we will support both variant how
long will be necessary. Now you can try a new cvs snapshot of C speech
dispatcher where are some bug fixes.

Best

--

Jan Buchal