configuring network in ubuntu

michaelweaver weavermicha at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 17 18:22:12 EDT 2007

Is there a way of reading the dialogues in the network settings in
Ubuntu with either Speakup or Orca?
I am trying to get a wireless connection with my Router at home as at
the moment I seem only to be able to use a wired connection and I have
also had to change my wireless hardware for my laptop because my Rawlink
card stopped working and I bought a USB stick for a wireless connection
yesterday.
I presume that I need to go into network settings to configure my
settings but after I think being asked for my password I lose speech.
Could anyone give me any advice?