Hello...

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Fri Jun 15 17:17:31 EDT 2007

Doug Sutherland wrote:
> The beauty of unix, aside from the command line interface,
> is how everything is represented like a file. The power of
> that is amazing with various redirect, pipe, and commands
> for search/replace/parse/etc along with powerful scripting.
> And the whole concept of the /proc filesystem is brilliant.

     I was thinking of things like:

#!/bin/bash
lynx -d %1 > %1.html
for ( link in %1.links.deny ) do }
cat %1.html | sed 's/%link//g' > %1.temp
mv %1.temp %1.html
} done
lynx %1.html

     Yeah, my scripting sux after five years, but I'd use something like
the above to filter out all the google links I don't feel like wading
through.  Just need to keep a copy of links I wand sed to remove in a
file called, "www.google.com.links.deny".  Ain't that a mouthful.
<grins>  I've been wanting to use that script ever since I started using
Win-Eyes and had no choice but to tab through each and every link to get
to the edit box.  Yeah, there's probably a quicker way with the browse
mode keys, but I don't plan to keep using Windows...or anything else I
have little or no control over.
     Anyway, it sounds like the only place I found that sells the
DoubleTalk LT is no longer displaying it for sale.  Either that or
they're temporarily out of stock.  Story of my life, trying to get this
stinker running.  Can't believe I've been at it since  January...

         Michael