HardWare Synthesizers

Doug Sutherland doug at proficio.ca
Fri Jun 15 00:06:32 EDT 2007

Hart said:
the IBM TTS which sounds like eliquence

Because is IS eloquence. This is evident when you peruse the internals,
and the naming of stuff like eci.h header, even more revealing the older
versions announced that they WERE eloquence engine when initialized,
rather than IBM TTS, after it was modified in later versions.

Most of IBMs work was on speech recognition not synthesis. From my
working with IBM TTS years ago, it is obvious that it was a license of
eloquence to build the TTS engine. A fine sounding engine indeed.
I would venture to say its the best in software synthesis, and worlds
apart from festival and derivatives like flite etc.

  -- Doug