Hello...

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Thu Jun 14 15:08:32 EDT 2007

ace wrote:
> if your budget allows, you should probably purchase a DoubleTalk LT

     Now I just heard something about the DoubleTalk...something about
it having some kind of command language.  Is this anything like the
Hayse AT modem command set?  That would rock.  Especially if I can issue
commands from a script, and perhaps have it say things I don't care to
clutter up the screen with.  I loved Redhat's init scripts during
boot-up, where the message results were something like "Pass" and
"Fail."  Would be nice to have that in Slackware.  Real sanitary.
Buying a synth will be no problem.  !Finding! one is another. <laughs>
I'm still stuck with the demo version of Win-Eyes, and it's a bear
trying to find anything useful, let alone keeping the same train of
thought. <grins>  Just had to reboot between this sentence and the last.
  I'm !dying! to get back to Linux.  Could you tell me a bit more about
the DoubleTalk, or point me in the right direction?  If it works with
SpeakUp in Slackware, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.  Just spent three
weeks trying to find someone selling a DecTalk Express, only to find
that Internet Explorer was getting in the way.  My afore-mentioned
friend showed me that Firefox was better, and I found Artic
Technologies, only my stoopid Cricket phone won't connect me. <roflmao>
  I keep getting a fast-busy signal until after hours.  Haven't been
able to get through ever since. <sighs>  Life in the Mighty Metropolis
of Delhi, California...armpit of the state. <grins>
     Any opions on hardware speech synthesizers will be gratefully
accepted.  A URL where they can be bought is welcomed, too.  Thanks
guys, for all the help.  This is the kind of effort I can feel proud to
join.  Helping the blind (and myself) sounds like a much worthier cause.

         Michael