lynx links and forms in speakup

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Jun 11 20:42:46 EDT 2007

I wonder whether  your expectations of lynx are conditioned by
experience of gui browsers? If so, lynx isn't like that. Up and down
arrow in lynx takes you to next and previous hyperlinks, not lines of
text on screen. Tab and Alt-Tab will do the same, by the way. Please
note it's the old, traditional Unix Alt-Tab, and not Windows Shift-Tab
for backward motion in lynx.

PS; Michael, do you think you might limit yourself to one though per
sentence? I, for one, would find it much easier to answer your questions
if you could learn to end one sentence before starting another thought.

I'm willing to wager you've heard this criticism from various teachers
before, but you needn't answer me on that, of course.

Janina