TTSynth Is Here At Last

Doug Sutherland doug at proficio.ca
Thu Jun 7 20:59:23 EDT 2007

Hmm wow I loved viavoice for linux while it was still compatible.
I'm wondering how this module was made to work. After the
viavoice was no longer compatible, I managed to do a painful
build where I had two versions of glibc installed, one for use
with viavoice and one that was current. Spent many hours on
this, and although it worked, I eventually gave up on viavoice.
Does this mean capital accessibility is able to rebuild the ibm
viavoice (actually eloquence inside) tts engine for compatibility
with new c libararies? Or does it use some kind of wrapper
code as compatibility layer? Can programs be compiled from
source using the eci.h header?

Glad to see viavoice is still alive.

  -- Doug