Regarding running Linux with Speakup under a virtual machine with Windows XP

Keith Hinton keithint38 at CommSpeed.net
Thu Jun 7 14:41:00 EDT 2007

Hi all on the list,
Here is an interesting situation I am in.
I have a Windows XP Media Center Edition box that I mainly use for Skype
reasons and other voice over IP things that Linux sadly does not seem to
help me with.
Now, I still want to run Linux, but can not do so by whiping out Windows,
because the last time I did that my father unknown to me tryed to look up
something online. As you may expect, he only knows Microsoft Windblows, so
when he saw a Linux login terminal, he shut the system down the hard way
because he could not figure out how to get back into it.
So, I reinstalled a clone of my working Gateway computer, and because of the
hardware, Windows XP is actually stable, most of the time believe it or
not.Now, would it be possible to use VMWare worksation and run Linux and
isntall it, and use software speech with Speakup? Any considerations that I
should take into account first? Will this work? Let me know. Regards,--Keith