Changing Softsynths

Tomas Cerha cerha at brailcom.org
Thu Jun 7 07:40:45 EDT 2007

Terrence van Ettinger napsal(a):
> How can I change the softsynth used for Speakup?  I made the mistake of
> using the same one, Festival, for both Speakup and Orca, and now when I
> start Speakup, I kill the voice for Orca.  So how can I fix this?

As I wrote in another thread on this list recently, It should work if
you use Speech Dispatcher both with Orca and Speakup.  Speech Dispatcher
will handle speech from both clients for you.  Problems may arise when
you try to use one synthesizer through two different speech systems
(Speech Dispatcher and Gnome Speech).

Best regards

Tomas