Definitely unslung

Travis Siegel tsiegel at softcon.com
Wed Jun 6 19:39:02 EDT 2007

Doug.
The osx operating system has a screen reader built-in.  It's called
voice over, and for the most part, it works fairly well.
It has it's quirks, but what doesn't.
Any OSX version 10.4 (that's tiger) or later will work with voice
over, so you're able to basically sit down and use *any* mac that is
running tiger.
And, that's the main benefit here.
You buy the computer, the os comes with it, and you need spend
nothing extra to make it accessible to a blind user.
That more than anything else is why I'm so drawn to the macs, though
the longer I use them, the  more I find to recomend them.
I've had my current machine only about 6 months, but before that I
had one since only a few months after osx tiger came out.  It came
out in April (end of april) and I bought my minimac in August.  That
was nearly two years ago.
That mini went to my son, and I got another mini, and a macbook (the
mac laptop)
They're both nice machines.