Definitely unslung

Travis Siegel tsiegel at softcon.com
Wed Jun 6 19:33:40 EDT 2007

Actually, the switch to intel wasn't all that bad of a plan.
The ppc line of processors was running out of upgradability, and the
intel still has a lot of life in them.  Thus, the switch was an
attempt to remain  competative in the general market.
With the added bonus that you can now run windows on your mac (if you
so choose to ruin such a good machine)
That's the draw for most, a stable os that still allows execution of
all your legacy software just in case you absolutely can't do without
it.
Personally, I have booted into xp roughly 3 times in the last year,
so for me, the xp thing was only a nice to have, but definitely not a
necessity.

However, the conversion from ppc to intel went rather smoothly
considering it was an entire os that got ported over (I know, linux
is on several platforms and it works just fine) Well, now apple has
proved it can be done with a commercial os as well.