Definitely unslung

Doug Smith bdsmith at buncombe.main.nc.us
Wed Jun 6 15:54:06 EDT 2007

I might be a little off for inserting myself into your conversation,
but I just have a hardware question.  My understanding of the
computer, ㄞn any of its forms ends with the software, so I just
thought I would learn.

I just bought this intel, pentium 4 a few weeks ago, and I have not
had a lick of trouble out of it.  What is the problem with intel, so
that I might watch it and be careful to try to avoid it on this one.

I have never worked with one of those sub-laptop machines?  What are
they like?  How much memory do they have? How hard are they to port
Linux to?  Do they really work well?

This laptop is really good for me .  It has all the hardware I need.
It seems to run Linux with ㄢ\no problem at all.

I just want to make one recommendation to anyone interested in
purchasing a new machine, just be sure yyou test it really well with
the distribution you want to use.

This is one other reason to use grml or any of the live cd distros.
You can just get hold of the machine, either on the shelf at the
store, or wherever you go to pick it up, put in the diѕk, hit the
starter and see if it is going to come up talking.

This was part of my decision to get this one, not to mention that it
is a laptop, and I have developed a real interest in them since they
have started making them better.

Now, I wonder about this situation.  Whoever it was on here who has a
mac book, what are you using for speech?  Do you use Linux, since the
machine has an intel chip, or do you use something on the mac-osx
system?

well, I'll get out of here, and let you experts discuss more relevant
matters.  Thanks for the information.

Sincerely:

--
Doug Smith: C.S.F.C.