Upgrading Debian to Testing with speakup

Zachary Kline Z_kline at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 6 14:58:04 EDT 2007

Hiya,
    In that case, I can probably roll my own kernel as well.  I believe I'd
need kernel-package to make that a bit easier.  Also, I'm a bit unsure about
things like initial ram disks--I never needed an initrd with Gentoo.  Might
you be able to provide some instructions on what exactly I'd need to do to
get a kernel that will boot?  I've never had to deal with the vagueries of
kernel-package and all that before.
Thanks much,
Zack.