Debian Alsa

Adam Myrow myrowa at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 5 19:45:43 EDT 2007

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, Zachary Kline wrote:

>    Is there something fairly simple I'm missing?

Probably.  Are you loading snd_pcm_oss, snd_mixer_oss, and possibly
snd_seq_oss?  I can't believe that Debian doesn't load Alsa modules
automatically!  Even Slackware does that.  BTW, to get Mplayer to use Alsa
by default, add this to your .mplayer/config.

ao=alsa

First, make sure that Mplayer supports Alsa by running the command
"mplayer -ao help" which will show what audio devices are compiled in.