Definitely unslung

Travis Siegel tsiegel at softcon.com
Mon Jun 4 23:23:48 EDT 2007

Well, the plan is to port speakup to this evice.
Demo units keep getting delayed from the manufacturer though, so
there's been no work done yet to test to see if speakup can be put on
the units or not.
I don't know if I'll manage the funds to purchase a demo unit
(they're $350) but I'm hoping to sell my house in Delaware in the
next couple months, and I was planning to purchase a couple units
from those  funds.
That way, I can keep one, and if necessary send one to Mr. Kirk for
assistance in the porting process.
Now, whether that'll happen or not I don't know, but Derrek (the guy
running the current show) is willing and even eager to see speakup
working on the devices, so it's possible he'll help out if possible.
I of course don't know that for sure, mere speculation on my part,
but I get the impression he wants this to work for as many as possible.
Plus, how many mainstream devices can claim accessibility for the
blind out of the box?
Especially a device of this nature.
I told him that if the $350 price tag sticks, he can expect to sell
quite a few units if speakup works on them out of the box.
I just *know* the blind community would love to have a pda that costs
the same for us as it does for everyone else.