Definitely unslung

Georgina Joyce gena-j at bulldoghome.com
Mon Jun 4 20:12:43 EDT 2007

Hi

I wondered if anyone else was playing with any of the single board computers?  I'd really like to play with one.  Having obtained a Linksys NSLU2 and installed debian on it, I'm impressed.  The NSLU2, known as the slug is quite small and with a 2 Gb pen drive, I've got a nice little system.  I've observed the kernel config and see that they've enabled sound support. So it would be possible to speak in some way.  As it is, I have several jobs for it on our network, so no more mods on this one.  But I'm still looking for a way of building my own Linux portable PC that I can use as a mp3 player if I choose, a note taker, or diary manager.  While the slug has 2 USB ports and a Ethernet connection I really need to be able to add further boards such as Bluetooth and wireless B/G.  So if anyone else is meddling in such areas please let me know.

Thanks

Gena

Amateur Call: M 0 E B P

VOIP / IM: gena1959uk